View Single Post
Old 01-22-2020, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Ok, I usually avoid topics that make people's heads explode...

There have been any number of posts on here about overpopulation being some kind of existential threat, and this newest 'plague' is just nature rebalancing the scales.

But, the earth isn't overpopulated, and the number of people isn't growing exponentially. Not even close. It's another myth that gets peddled and bought into all the time (obviously). Not unlike the climate horror terror apocalypse. Common sense would inform you that for the most part, the planet's land mass is vastly empty. There is lots of good info out there on the topic, I was going to post a couple of links but figured that in light of the 'what is truth' thread....do your own research. Figure it out. There is more food grown than we can eat as a species. If some starve (and not many do anymore despite the heart tug commercials with kids with flies crawling on their faces and send us your money)...it is a political failure, not a crop failure.

Anyway, the planet isn't anywhere near overpopulated. It is a MYTH!

Now go do your research and prove me wrong, or learn something and have your outlook changed if that's possible.

As far as this current plague, I'm not feeling the panic. The flu will kill more people.
Wait until your fishing on the lake and someone sets up almost right on top of you..... you’ll change your tune....