View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keljay View Post
Hi all;

I'm looking for some tips on catching Perch at Medicine Hat College. My wife, and I went there today and didn't even get a nibble. To those who have been to that pond before we were casting about 30m East of the culvert between the "small" and "big" ponds, right in front of a park bench. We tried both ponds.

Does anyone have a better location that they have caught some Perch from? Also, what were you using? We used small jigs tipped with Power Bait night crawlers cut in half, as well as some Gulp minnows. Honestly, we didn't expect to catch anything but we wouldn't have been upset if we had!!!

Thanks

Try this link for perch fishing tips...

http://www.lakesundance.org/PDFs/How...e%20Update.pdf

As this article is written for a private lake...be sure to read and follow the Alberta Fishing Regulations.

I am finding that the fall seems to be slower for perch fishing. This past few weeks has been ultra slow. About 2 years ago after catching tons of fish I invited a group over to fish...there was fresh ice around the edges of the lake...and we caught a big goose egg.

I find the best fishing for perch is the last three weeks in December, early September and mid May to Mid June...based upon our experience here at Lake Sundance.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Sun