View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 11:01 PM

I have flown about 15 times in the last 2 years and the main problem that I have had is other passengers attitudes and incompetence. It generally takes a minimum of 10 minutes and sometimes well over an hour to clear security depending on which airport. Every airport security area has several posters indicating what is not allowed on flights. Yet on every, stinkin trip there is at least 1 and usually several people who have prohibited items and then put up a fuss. Why do people insist on carrying water bottles,manicure sets,costco sized hand cream,thermos of coffee,swiss army knives,leathermans etc, etc,etc. Then the people who are holding up the show always look at the line up of passengers and give that same stupid look indicating how ridiculous it is that they have to follow the rules!! And then they mumble crap about " Do I look like a Terrorist! Oh,do you really think I'm going to blow up a plane with a nail file!"

I feel like slapping them myself!! I feel like asking if they couldn't read or notice the half dozen giant sized posters while they were waiting in line for an hour! It really is no wonder that some of these security personnel seem impatient.