View Single Post
Old 01-18-2015, 04:44 PM

I must apologize. I didn't realize people cared about this thread. I am still intending to finish this in-depth review but have hit some stumbling blocks with the gun. I'll outline the delay below and would be happy if anyone would like to recommend an ammunition to try through it. I really only shoot copper coated hollow points but have some other stuff. I have 11 types of ammo ready to test for it.

As a update I can tell you I am still working with this rifle. It is giving me a headache. I DON'T believe these problems are related to Dlask and their product, at least a pray not.

1) The first problem I am having is with the muzzle threading device and my attachments. The Flash Hider/Supressor/Compensator Dlask sold me has not caused a problem nor has the thread protector. I made the mistake of oiling the threading before attaching a muzzle device. Because of this my first few hundred test rounds were a disaster with no consistency. I have since cleaned the oil off with a solvent and things should be smooth next day at the range.
2) I did not realize but while trying to find the threaded barrel problem, the rear stock hold down screw came loose and I did not notice until recently.

The reason why no range results are up yet it because I want to ensure comprehensive and reliable data is posted. Currently, I will load five rounds into the rotary mag and let them fly off a sand bag in a prone position and ill be at a ~.470 " group. I'll load five more rounds and let them fly under the same conditions and I get a >2" group. I have found causes for this inconsistency while spending days at range. The last hurdle I face now is the ambient temperature. I want to ensure I get something above sub zero for a recorded test day. I'm hoping for 15 degrees C. I know that might seem picky but I notice group differences and velocity changes with temperature and I am intending to provide velocities and time between shots data coming range data.

Again I am sorry this is taking so long but I will strive to have something by the beginning of July at the latest.

Again tell me what you want to see shot and I will shoot it. I don't have the boxes in front of me but I'll be shooting CCI quiet-22, CCI stingers(If they fit I will have to check I can't remember), CCI mini mag 36gr hollows copper wash, Federal value pack copper wash hollows, Lapua arctic biathlons, Remington Ceebees, CCI segmented hollows- and lots more. In addition to ammunition requests are you expecting a picture of all targets of is a few pictures with a spreadsheet style table including everything satisfactory?

I am intending to do five shot group measurements with three groups per ammunition with an average and all three diameters listed.

Thank You