Thread: Hunting mobile
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2022, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
My thoughts pre set stands before the season rather then set up and tear down every day.

If I want to be mobile I hunt off the ground using natural cover blow down, bushes and my favorite is trimming a hole under the lower branches on an evergreen. I also have a small turkey blind that is super light and small. The turkey blind is short maybe 30-36inch but when tucked up under a tree it works well

A proper stand set up makes too much disturbance and needs time to settle in my opinion
^I've only hunted once from a stand (home built, someone else's) and didn't care for it. I like to have the chance to move if wind switches or game is elsewhere.

I have a turkey blind as well like SB, but haven't used it in years as I find natural stuff is abundant everywhere all of us hunt. If you're hunting treed areas, you have natural cover on the ground too.

I bought a Ghost Blind off a fellow AOer last year and added extensions to it. 6-panel design, wraps around enough that you could literally set it up just about anywhere and it will always conceal you. Combined with existing natural cover, I'm invisible - even to hunting partners that know the general area I'm in.

I just need to get out more

J.