View Single Post
Old 02-01-2023, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky_mark View Post
Her reasoning was because she shot her bear 2 years ago
On the ak peninsula there is a 3 year waiting period after you shoot a bear
So she said she couldn’t carry a rifle because if she had to use it, they might not deem it as self defence. Which makes sense

I was hunting up there at the same time as them.
I made a thread on here about it too
I’ll be going back this year in the fall when it opens again
On the peninsula, the hunt is in the spring on even years and in the fall on odd years. It’s only 15 days long too.

My caliber of choice hasn’t been determined yet.
I have a 300 Norma, 2 338’s and a 416
Big bears are a different animal
These guys didn’t give this one the respect that they deserve
There is a reason why every outfitter recommends big calibers and heavy deep penetrating bullets.
Personally I don’t even think them shoot at it from 475 yards was a bad thing.
If it was broadside out of that hole, they would have put 3 solid shots in it and it would have probably been more than enough. But shooting it laying down in that hole was dumb. They would have been better off shooting their pistol in the ground trying to get that bear to stand up. He wasn’t going to run away. We had to throw rocks at my polar bear to get it to roll over and give me a shot. This bear did not fear these hunters. Rushing it for the camera was where things went sideways

100000% she even insinuated in the video that they rushed the shot because of lighting. Which was for the cameras. They could have shot it broadside with less then ideal lighting and made a quick kill instead of the marginal shot they decided to take because they wanted to get it on video. I don't agree with that and then click baiting a video on youtube for money.