View Single Post
Old 08-05-2016, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holeshot View Post
Both myself (Antlered) an my daughter (Anterlerless) have been drawn for the WMU 732 Elk hunt at the Suffield base. I am December 2016 and she in January 2017.

I have 2 questions:

1. We bought the Antlerless Special License today and we were surprised that it came with 2 tags. I looked at the regulations and couldn't find anything so I called Albertarelm at 8889445494 and they said the biologist decide to issue to issue 2 tags and allow 2 animals to be harvested. Anyone else hear of this?

2. Can anyone tell me the rules for hunting there? I hope someone answers that has actually been there hunting recently. How many people can go? What time and where do you go for the orientation? Can you leave anything behind or do you have to take the entire animal out before you gut/skin/etc.? Can you drive around or do you walk? I called Suffield but have not heard back.

All I have been able to find is what is on page 28 of the 2016 Draw.
http://albertaregulations.ca/2016-Al...ting-Draws.pdf

Thanks in advance.

1. two cow tags were issued per hunter last year.

2. Orientation is in Ralston, they will tell you what time (iirc it was 6:00am). At the briefing they will cover the rules, many of which are unique to the base - follow them or risk being asked to leave. We gutted our elk in the field, and you may or may not be asked to leave the head for testing. First couple of seasons it was mandatory. Last year by the time we checked out they had collected enough samples and we left them on the cows we shot.

I was on the base hunting in 2013, 2014 and 2015. Shoot me a message if you want additional info or simply want to chat about my experiences.