View Single Post
Old 10-01-2017, 03:25 AM

Today I left the newborn daughter and my three-year-old with the wife and parents-in-law and drove out for a walk, while tagging along my sister-in-law. We do not really get along that well with the sis-in-law, but I figured why the hell not. I guess it would be enough said that she is a vegetarian and anti many things I do

Anyway, I packed the .22 and the 12 gauge with me hoping to show her that shooting can be a lot of fun. She had never held a gun in her hands before or had seen one up close for that matter. She had no idea that guns are even present in the vehicle when we went out.

Long story short, while driving, we talked about guns and hunting and whatnot. We have also seen four moose on the way and she was repulsed by me saying that they are good eating. When we have gotten where we were going, I said that we can just hike or we can grab the .22 with us and shoot some sh*t on the way. She said as long as we do not shoot anything live, she would be fine with it. Not bad of a start, I thought. So we went.

I will not be surprised if many here recognize the area and I was I actually very surprised there weren't any hunters around.

So we walked down a bit to a good spot to shoot and I set up the three beer cans I found on the way and three target print outs I had in the vehicle. I explained the basic gun safety to her and she seemed to grasp it pretty well. She was actually the first "new to guns" person that I have been shooting with who pressed the safety button every time she was done shooting. She actually did alright shooting wise as well. Except for the fact that after firing the first ten shots she, in excitement, just laid the gun down to the sand while jumping and saying let's go check the targets. I was a little WTF type of outraged, picked up the gun and cleaned it and it turned to be not a big deal.

Once we were done, I drove to another spot, mainly to see what is going on there, but also hoping to pick some cranberries. While driving, I asked her if she is ready to go to put a deer down with me. She answered no, but if we take a "chicken" out, that would be OK. My thoughts were In the end of the day, we agreed to repeat what we did today before she leaves (she lives in Vancouver) and hopefully get the shotgun going as well.

Just a few photos from today:

Do you see a squirrel? (you probably do )

Quite a few very fresh rubs around:

Hopefully we did not ruin this dude's hunt:

Don't these things look like those binary code cards whenever you run into them?

And driving out closer to the sunset:

Best time of the year to be out there!

Wish I had a decent camera to take photos with. If anyone has one they want to get rid off, let me know. I promise to post photos around these parts of the internet

P.S. When we came back home, my mother-in-law said that i am a bad influence with guns and stuff