View Single Post
Old 03-27-2020, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bullets View Post
Maybe not what you are looking for. In the past I have made a couple flatfish style bodies from deer antler. Great material to work with and nicely weighted. The flatfish action is good for pike and other fish.
Making a deer antler flatfish is definitely different. I have built a few different smaller banana style baits out of wood for trout in the past but never antler. I don’t think I have used used a flatfish for pike either its always been a trout lure for me

An antler banana bait would definitely be a one off lure do to the material. I will keep it in mind as a fun project for sure because hey free time is common these days. Also don’t know if I have an antler to sacrifice

Likely do a different design first but this might be something to do after. If I take on a glider like most are voting for so far I might be able to do both if I have an antler to sacrifice. Gliders are not very difficult outside of getting the sink rate you are going for. Banana baits are not hard either but I have not worked with antler so might not go smooth