View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp Cook View Post
WOW being closed minded is strong in some here...

The below pic is my favorite deer hunting rifle right now it is my non-restricted yep you read that right it is my NON-RESTRICTED 18.6" barreled semi-auto Robinson Arms XCR-L chambered in 6.8SPC.

For those of you that have not heard about this round it is a rimless 30-30 (30 Rem) case slightly shortened and necked down to 270 cal I load 95gr Barnes TTSX @ 2825fps.

I legally use and hunt here in BC with 10 round 7.62X39 Robinson Arms pistol mags that hold 11 6.8SPC cartridges.

Recoil is almost non-existant accuracy is consistantly 3" - 4" @ 350 yards.

Do I need mags that hold more than 4 round definitly not all game animals I have taken have dropped to the first shot but it is fun to have them if and when I ever need them.

My wife does not hunt but likes to head into the bush with me and our young son this rifle is my wife's favorite camp gun I remove the VX111 4.5-14X LR Varmint reticle scope and install a 1X Leupold Prismatic scope for her when she is in camp she is fast and accurate with this rifle and th erecoil does not worry her because there is no recoil.

Loaded with eleven 110gr TSX @ 2650fps she is confident that she can take on most issues she would ever have to deal with in camp.

My dad is now 78 years old 1 1/2 years ago he had a sking accident left him with a 3rd degree shoulder seperation in his right shoulder effectively stopping him from ever shooting a hunting capable rifle again.

That is until I was able to talk him into shooting this combo he was so worried about the recoil that his first shot @ 150 yards was 3' - 4' off target but after that first shot he turned to me with amazement on his face and stated there was no recoil and your telling me this is a 300 yard deer hunting combo.

He settled back into the bags and proceeded to shoot the remaining 9 rounds into the kill zone of a deer @ 150 yards as fast as he could aim squeeze off a shot.

The rifle now also has the new folding adjustable for length FAST stock.

and one last thing this rifle or its mags or cartridges has ever jumped up and done anything that anyone could or should fear other than those that fear what they themselves would do with it...

Cool rig.....might have to think about one of these one day soon.

Only difference is in AB. we'd be stuck at 5 rounds for hunting.

Please PM me with where you bought that rig.

There are no absolutes