View Single Post
Old 03-28-2024, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Wrong, the big players are not all exempt,we even had to burn a minimum percentage of biodiesel, as well as meeting the 10ppm of sulfur in the diesel fuel that we produced on site, for our own use.

https://vancouver.citynews.ca/2016/0...ewable-diesel/
I know and you are right. What I meant was new engines of a certain size don't have to be built with environmental crap on them which costs money not only to buy but to maintain.
Example if a farm was going to buy a new tractor one reason to go big is to be exempt from all this pollution crap and to buy a tractor 700 plus horsepower so it will actually work with less long term trouble and no expensive def
But small farm can't go out and buy big gear like this. My newest tractor is from 90s .
I will never go newer than this because of way everything is made with to much crap on them that I can't fix or afford to pay someone else to fix.
It used to be if you wanted to start some kind of business and it could be anything from a farm or trucking business. If you were really good at building and fixing your equipment and if determined enough you could make a go of it if you did everything yourself.
Now the way stuff is made you pretty much need everything to be new and it takes deep pockets to make new equipment pay off if you are trying to get something established. You can't afford to let new equipment sit. I dont see much of a future for upstarts. Basically everything I did in my lifetime all impossible now.
I'm surprised people dont start saving up waste motor oil in 5 gallon buckets. When your furnace goes in future maybe your next furnace will burn waste oil even if you have to build it yourself I'm also surprised more people are not set up for black diesel and start burning that as well instead of regular taxed diesel.