View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019, 08:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPFisher View Post
Put it this way, I find it strange that you have a need to convince members on here who are not in a position to make changes. .

I see the area you are referring to so this might make some sense. That doesn't mean that it applies to other areas. I hope you understand that.

That said, I'm just a guy that likes to fish. I do not manage our fisheries. I do not claim to be an expert. I will follow-up because I am interested and seeing if there is any plans to do something different, starting in the area that this person is covering.

Thanks for the PM.
Fish and Wildlife officers don’t make the rules, they just enforce them. They MIGHT have a little bit more sway than you or I, but it’s like asking a cop to change the speed limit. He’s in no more of a position to make changes than you or I. Im not trying to make change on this forum, I’m just bringing up some info into the topic.

It’s easy to see the difference from the walleye chasers in the south to the recreational fishermen in the central parts of the province. You figure if they opened up the lakes to retention in the central areas it would affect the walleye guys in the south? I doubt it, but that would take an effort from our fish management team, effort I doubt they can afford. It’s way easier and much more profitable to close retention and offer tags.

Quick question,

Does anyone know the reason Lac La Biche is closed for retention?

Last edited by Kurt505; 06-24-2019 at 09:14 AM.