View Single Post
Old 07-30-2020, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk270 View Post
You seem to be implying that wearing masks is useless. If that is the case, please cite your sources. Everyone who doesn't like being asked to wear a mask is trying to say there is no reason to do so. I'd like one of you to provide a link to some primary sources for your beliefs.

Thank you.
I was implying that, and now I'll say nice and clear. They are useless when used by the public and may do more harm than good for the average person.

I don't need to site articles written by nobodies, I just watch people.
The average person touches their face over 20 times per hour. I've watched people wearing masks exceed that number in 5 minutes. They constantly adjust it, move it, wipe the steamy sweat from under their eyes. It's constant.

Also, every worthy article I've read states that the best defence against this particular virus is physical distancing a minimum 6f. from other people, washing your hands often and properly, and staying home if you have symptoms.
All masks are going to do is make people think they are invincible and likely cause someone to touch their face with infected hands.
Remember, medical masks only stop you from spreading it, they do very little in the way of stopping you from getting it.

You want a really, really good example as to why they're useless for Joe Public? No problem.
Look at the Misericordia Hospital. Full of excellent staff, all professionally and extensively trained on how to prevent the spread of this virus. They have access to all the proper PPE and know how to use it.
They also managed to get infected and spread it to a total of 32 people on 2 separate floors while practicing the very best methods of protection.
Now you're going to profess to me that some schmuck with a face covering that his granny crocheted for him is saving the world?

Here's another example. My neighbour was the most cautious person I know. He did not leave the house for half of March and all of April, nor did he allow his family to leave. After that period, when he did go out, he would wear a mask and gloves. You know what else? He's the only person I know that has had Covid. He doesn't even know where he got it from, but a month ago he got sick for a few days and tested positive.

All this is going to do is make some of you comfortable with going outside again via a false sense of security.

I maintain, keep your distance from people, wash your hands often, try not to touch your face, stay home if your sick, and wear a mask if it makes you feel better.
That's where this lunacy should have ended, but no.

Remember at the beginning of this when the only thing we were trying to do was not overwhelm the hospitals?...I really miss those days.