Thread: Asian Carp
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2018, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerchBuster View Post
http://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/asian...tudy-1.2723351

Here's an interesting link to read if you haven't seen it yet. I have read previous posts about anglers catching Prussian Carp etc in the Red Deer River and other parts of southern Alberta so this is a big deal and very concerning. It may also already be way too late to turn back the hands of time. These things could end up Canada wide within a few years. This will be a huge challenge for Biologists in the Great Lakes. Hopefully the Walleye, Musky and Pike will proliferate having a new food source and keep things under control but that's wishful thinking I guess. Interesting to here that the Carp could represent a net positive to both Perch and Smallmouth's......my top two favourite species to catch bar none, but I'd much prefer it I think if these damn Carp would have never been brought to these shores in the first place but like I said, too little too late. Same goes for the Pine Beetle. Maybe we could send Asia a few million stunted hammer handles and some big head skinny anorexic body Walleyes to get even with them since we seem to have an abundance of those here now that nobody wants either lol! Ahhh just kidding, as bad as things often seem, they often are never quite as bad as first thought, let's hope it's the case with these Carp too!
Mountain Pine Beetle is native to Western North America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrit View Post
I believe it doesn’t really matter if they eat the golby fish or not the Asian carp eat every other kind of bug and tiny fish the gooby itself eats and leave less food for it. Nothing good would come out of Asian carp infesting any lake
Round Goby is an invasive species. It would be beneficial if they DID eat round goby.