View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogslayer403 View Post
Well as much as I dislike the look of the savage model 25's i found a new one in 17 hornet for just about half price and have been wanting to try this little cartridge out.

Just looking for real world experience on yotes and reloading combos you guys are liking ive shot a number in the past with an hmr so realize the limitations of the 17 cal but am thinking the hornet will be a nice little close range pelt saver. I primarily use a 22-250 and 223 and own a 204 as well but this little cartridge has been an itch for a while im excited to play around
I'm following this with interest, as I asked the same questions myself so many times that I finally ordered a 527 Varmint in 17 Hornet myself! Only got it last week, THEN remembered I hadn't considered rings. lol So, mine won't see any action for a while yet.

Curious to know (from the hand loaders) what powders are considered the best for 17 Hornet, whether or not CCI BR4 (my preferred for .223) is a good choice for a primer, etc. Most of what I have for powders are geared for .204/.223/.243...I've never owned a Hornet. From what I gather, you don't want powders on the faster end of the spectrum.

Not trying to hijack the thread, I think the questions are in line...