View Single Post
Old 11-07-2017, 09:14 AM

I didn't want to wait for neck bushing dies, so I went with Redding FL dies, and I bump the shoulder just far enough to easily chamber a round. My CZ527 shot very well with all loads, perhaps slightly better with slightly reduced load of N-120, around 3400fps vs almost 3700fps with Lil Gun. My Cooper likes Lil Gun at 3680fps, but I do intend to try CFE BLK next spring. I have had no issues with trying to load the small bullets, no tweezers required. Remington #6-1/2 primers that worked so well in my 22 Hornet, allow blow by the primer in the 17 hornet, so I settled on Remington 7-1/2 primers. In all cases, seating at .010" from the lands or even slightly less produced the best accuracy in my rifles. I only have three or four loadings on my cases, so I can't comment on case life at this point. Be careful when purchasing cases, as the early cases had major issues with quality control, especially concerning the primer pocket. The later cases don't have these issues, but there may still be some early cases floating around . When using the Hodgdons online data for Lil Gun, be careful, some people are seeing pressure signs at the starting load of 9.6gr. I am seeing more velocity at my load of 9.5gr than the online data lists for 10gr.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 11-07-2017 at 09:23 AM.