View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
I haven't gotten so much as a bruise or a scrape in my entire life from someone talking...... ever.

The guy could have walked out of the store, seen his wife was safe and sound inside the car, approached the shooter and asked what the hell the problem is and then told him to beat it and mind his own business then continue on with his day and both these guys would of had breakfast at home the next day.

I am not saying I agree with the shooting, never have. My point all along is that words are words and physical harm is physical harm. The dead guy is the one who skipped any verbal interaction and went directly to violence and in doing so had violence enacted upon himself. Does the level of violence matter? There is always a winner and a loser, or in this case two losers. Sure the guy never deserved to get shot, but in the same token the other guy never deserved to get shoved.

The guy who started the violence is responsible for the violence, it's pretty cut and dry. The only thing that went wrong for the dead guy was the level of violence used to respond to his action was more than anyone else had shown him in the past. It's not like he was a hero and died while saving someone's life. If the shooter had the gun out and was pointing it at the guys wife, that would have been a totally different story in which case I would have fully supported not only a shove but a bullet in the head, but that isn't the case.

I don't dispute the violence started when McGlocton pushed him to the ground but the whole incident itself started because Drejka felt he was in the position to confront people over that parking spot. Since there is no audio, we have no idea what he was saying to McGlockton's girlfriend but you can see in the video, everyone else going in or out of the store were looking at him so it's safe to assume that the exchange was likely heated. Reading different accounts of Drejka's past behavior, I doubt he was calmly chastising her for parking in a handicap zone and most men are going to come to a woman's defense, especially if it's heated situation. Of course they shouldn't have parked there but for that minor infraction to lead to someone's death is unwarranted and uncalled for and the conflict began with Drejka.

Last edited by Sporty; 08-17-2018 at 06:53 AM.