View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 10:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESOXangler View Post
Still not equivalent to an death sentence.
Nope, never said it was. I agree the crime doesn't fit the punishment, my point is the whole situation is a case of the crime not fitting the punishment and they're both to blame. The shooter is a nut job, there's no denying that, and I also think he's been waiting for the day he could use the Stand Your Ground excuse. BUT, I think McGlockton was out of line too. Unless Drejka was threatening Markies girlfriends life then slaming Drejka to the ground was not equivalent to responding to an arguement.

I figure after watching the video carefully the Drejka is going to be charged but there is a chance he'll get off because after the gun is drawn Markies is still advancing until he notices a gun being pointed at him. At that point he stops and it's just a second or two later he's shot. If Drejka was quicker on the draw I don't think he'd be charged, not because I think it's right but because of the stand your ground law. Had he shot Markies before Markies seen the gun I think he would be found innocent. The way the law works is if he feared for his life, and if Markies was still advancing towards him, Drejka would have been acting within the law.

Both were in the wrong but the only undeniable fact is that it was started from an illegal parking job as petty as it was.