View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteout View Post
If you don’t understand why a robust defence is a benefit to the legal system, there isn’t much hope.

If you were ever charged with a crime, you’d be scrapping the piggy bank to hire one of the people you love to call scumbags
Dare to guess why I’ve not been charged with a crime? I’ll give you exactly one guess.

Der is as much of a scumbag as each murderous scumbag whom he slithers over to represent. I’m not talking about every lawyer in Alberta, I’m talking about Der specifically so don't get all defensive (unless you happen to be Der ). If lawyers don’t understand why it’s important to have sociopathic attempted murderers in jail, there isn’t much hope for society.

A robust defense is certainly helpful to protect those who are innocent against malicious prosecution. A robust defense is good when the accused did not commit the crime they’re being charged with. When the accused party is guilty of atrocious crime(s) against their fellow man what they’re entitled to should be a firing squad rather than the kid gloves treatment (or a Gladue consideration, as the two-tier, destructive-to-society case may be).

Last edited by CaberTosser; 07-16-2019 at 10:12 AM.