Thread: Status Natives
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j m View Post
Before the Spanish brought the horse to NA, I doubt there was a very high success rate going after buffalo with a bow and lance on foot. The rifle also made huge difference. Both whites and natives hunted them with no restrictions and the population crashed. I can actually say I saw a buffalo on the way home from work last week so they weren't exterminated.

So have we learned from the past what unregulated hunting can do to game populations or should we go down that road again?

When the hunter is hunting with respect to the animal that harvest and hunt according to his need for food I don't think that regulations needed, but when the hunter is just doing it for hobby or to make numbers
Then it changes the rules, but this is my opinion only, plus in a hypothetic scenario if hunting is not allowed during the rut how many animals will be harvested? Right now the majority of hunters legal or not are using lures, calls, scents, decoys, scopes....etc, with only iron sights and no lures, how many actual hunters will be