Thread: Status Natives
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchap22 View Post
I've been reading along and don't really want to get into this discussion but i found this on another thread here on the AO hunting forum.

we came across a native hunting camp, stopped in they know how to hunt 50 or 60 campers two 53 ft refer vans, they told us in the last month they had shot 365 elk , 280 moose, 480 deer, when we pulled out the cameras to take pics they got real upset asked us to leave in no uncertain terms, and had two pickups follow us for 10 kms

If that sustenance hunting hunting then all i have to say is wow!!!
So you say you drove into a large native hunting camp and they bragged to you about killing huge numbers of elk, moose and deer but got upset when you got out your cameras. I call BS. Natives are well aware of how non natives feel about them exercising their treaty hunting rights. I do not believe any group of native hunters would brag to you about the large number of animals they had killed. I have been hearing about native hunters filling refer vans for years. When pressed for particulars, however, nobody ever has any real details as to where the native hunters were from, where they were hunting or pictures.