Thread: Status Natives
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 06:24 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhawk View Post
So you say you drove into a large native hunting camp and they bragged to you about killing huge numbers of elk, moose and deer but got upset when you got out your cameras. I call BS. Natives are well aware of how non natives feel about them exercising their treaty hunting rights. I do not believe any group of native hunters would brag to you about the large number of animals they had killed. I have been hearing about native hunters filling refer vans for years. When pressed for particulars, however, nobody ever has any real details as to where the native hunters were from, where they were hunting or pictures.
Sounds pretty implausible to me.
I have seen a lot of hunting camps, both first nations and others.
I have never seen any camp with more then a dozen hunters, including the outfitters camps I've seen and/or worked out of.

I've heard some big numbers thrown about regarding first nations hunts, but never from first nations people. And the reports I've heard seem to never be first hand reports. They are always "I heard from a friend that his friends neighbor's second cousin once remover, , , , ext."

George Bernard Shaw