Thread: Status Natives
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
This is quite an amusing post.

Why is it you have no problems reading AO on a SMART PHONE or COMPUTER while on your FUEL AND HOT SHOWER run?

YOU are no more of a Canadian than anyone else born on Canadian soil.

By your own admission you are as guilty riding the oil train as anyone else here.

The only reason you have RIGHTS to hunting that other Canadians don't have is from an outdated treaty over a century old. I agree with sustenance hunting for all Canadians, so long as the antlers or horns are destroyed and the harvest is registered.

As for your threat of trying to take away hunting privledges, maybe we should take away the rights to all tax funded amenities to those who don't pay taxes?

As for those who think that the hunting camps are a myth, YOUR WRONG. I have seen it first hand, west of Flatbush in the Athabasca river valley before the days of cell phones with cameras. I'm not sure if the nay sayers are naive of in denial but either way I don't care because I know for FACT they are wrong.

Trophy hunting is a game that aboriginal people have the unlimited advantage on, any weapon, any time, any amount, that's where the treaty laws are outdated. Animals are taken under the guise of sustenance but used as trophy. Also it's easy to abuse the sustenance hunting by selling wild game. Mandatory registration of harvest and destruction of scorable trophy attributes such as antlers, horns, skulls, etc would greatly help eliminate any possibility of abuse.
Kurt 505: Are you saying the treaties should be revisited to negotiate the removal status Indian's hunting rights and limited tax free status? If so, what do you think would be fair for Canada to offer the Indians for giving up those rights?