Thread: Flu Shots
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 09:36 AM

I'm torn on this subject. I've gotten the shot once and never again. I'm fortunate and have a fantastic immune system. I attribute it to copious amounts of rum consumption. Anyway, I digress, my wife has a less than stellar immune system and works in health care. She got the shot last week, not because she wanted to, but because she was afraid of being laid up for weeks if she came down with it. What I don't like is her boss (and others in health care) trying to force the shot on them. It's a person's choice whether or not a foreign substance is put into their bodies. If a health care worker chooses not to get the shot, so be it. Just use the same protocols as when dealing with an MRSA + patient, gown, gloves, and mask, etc.

There's been what....1400 confirmed cases of the flu in Alberta?? In a province with roughly 3.8 million people. 0.03%, 1 in 3000. Granted those are lab confirmed cases, I know the actual incidents are higher, but I'm just dealing with the #'s I have in front of me.

I won't be getting the shot and neither will my kids, AHS can distribute those to people who want them.