Thread: New or Used
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2018, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUFFBUFF View Post
Most of mine a few years ago were used as I had to play some catch up and what I was looking for was no longer available in certain calibers/configurations.

The shelves are full of value brand plastic throw away rifles now days it seems and with the dollar shift 3or so yrs ago the prices went up 30pts. I don't need anymore but keep my eye on the used stuff, and there is the od good deal and some fair pricing but for the most part the used has followed suit and increased with the newer pricing. I notice stuff is for sale way longer than it used to be on here and CGN, so stuff not moving like it used to.

Only new I bought in last couple years are 2 CZ 22's, pricing seems to stay consistent and the quality is there. Oh and a couple shotguns at the WSS closeout cause I didn't have a 12ga.
No doubt, used pricing has increased dramatically when compared to the old MSRP's that were in place at the time of manufacture. By the same token, used pricing, when compared to current pricing for the same basic "improved" Model eg ..Rem 700's. I just can't see where the issue is. A well maintained older 1980's version of the Mod 700 BDL at $850.00 is far superior in build and quality when compared to a current "new & improved" 700 CDL at $1200.00. Pretty much the same applies to the older Tikka models 55 and 65's at 800-$900.00 compared to the newer T-3 Hunters at near identical pricing ..as far as I can see anyway. I haven't purchased a new rifle since the mid 90's so maybe I'm missing something.