View Single Post
Old 06-23-2018, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybert View Post
That's not unprofessional. That's being safe. If he came out pointing his pistol at you without any verbal commands, then I would see it as being unprofessional. Being in low ready, the CO's giving you the benefit and at the same time being able to react quickly. As bush rat said, the CO may be privy to information that would make him extra careful confronting someone with a firearm.

So I take it you wouldn't mind being pulled over during hunting season for a license check and have the officer have his gun unholstered when he walks up to your vehicle? He may have been privy to some info, but Meth criminal don't usually go target shooing at gravel pits as DiabeticKripple stated. As we know, many LEOs equate firearms with criminal use. I've been checked many times by F&W and RCMP with a firearm either on my person or in clear view in my vehicle, and not one of them had pull their pistol from their holster.

I wasn't there, so I don't know the background, but if I'm out shooting and some overzealous LEO approaches me with his gun drawn because I'm simply out target shooting, I'm reporting it to his superiors. There's a difference between being cautious and being afraid in my opinion, your mileage may vary.