View Single Post
Old 06-23-2018, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott N View Post
So I take it you wouldn't mind being pulled over during hunting season for a license check and have the officer have his gun unholstered when he walks up to your vehicle? He may have been privy to some info, but Meth criminal don't usually go target shooing at gravel pits as DiabeticKripple stated. As we know, many LEOs equate firearms with criminal use. I've been checked many times by F&W and RCMP with a firearm either on my person or in clear view in my vehicle, and not one of them had pull their pistol from their holster.

I wasn't there, so I don't know the background, but if I'm out shooting and some overzealous LEO approaches me with his gun drawn because I'm simply out target shooting, I'm reporting it to his superiors. There's a difference between being cautious and being afraid in my opinion, your mileage may vary.
Oh the drama......I doubt very much that officer pulls his gun on everybody he stops or encounters while doing his job. Something was up that day and he was following the protocol he was trained to respond with in that situation. If it happens to you you certainly can report it to their superiors and I'm sure they will look into it for you.

CO's are sworn officers of the law, can enforce or investigate anything a police officer can. It would be dereliction of duty they are sworn to uphold if they were privy to information to apprehend someone if they have the opportunity and they didn't. In fact they have superior powers of search and seizure that can allow them to search things police officers have to get warrants to search.

Most meth heads don't usually purchase gun range memberships, or have PAL's or own large properties where they can shoot, even if they did and some do, they don't want to draw attention to it with gunfire. They do tend to love guns and shooting. They tend to shoot them in out of the way locations like gravel pits, lease roads, cutlines, etc. Where if they are caught it is a good chance they would be caught by a CO as Municipal and RCMP rarely patrol in those areas but CO`s do. Where do you think they go shoot their guns?

Unfortunately ordinary law abiding people often get inconvenienced by peace officers doing their jobs. Get used to it.