View Single Post
Old 06-23-2018, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
Oh the drama......I doubt very much that officer pulls his gun on everybody he stops or encounters while doing his job. Something was up that day and he was following the protocol he was trained to respond with in that situation. If it happens to you you certainly can report it to their superiors and I'm sure they will look into it for you.

CO's are sworn officers of the law, can enforce or investigate anything a police officer can. It would be dereliction of duty they are sworn to uphold if they were privy to information to apprehend someone if they have the opportunity and they didn't. In fact they have superior powers of search and seizure that can allow them to search things police officers have to get warrants to search.

Most meth heads don't usually purchase gun range memberships, or have PAL's or own large properties where they can shoot, even if they did and some do, they don't want to draw attention to it with gunfire. They do tend to love guns and shooting. They tend to shoot them in out of the way locations like gravel pits, lease roads, cutlines, etc. Where if they are caught it is a good chance they would be caught by a CO as Municipal and RCMP rarely patrol in those areas but CO`s do. Where do you think they go shoot their guns
Unfortunately ordinary law abiding people often get inconvenienced by peace officers doing their jobs. Get used to it.

Maybe DiabeticKripple would like to share more about this? He's really the only one of us that has an opinion that counts. I know all about LEOs, have some that are friends, have some that are family in the RCMP... no need to go into the obvious of what being a law enforcement officer entails. My concern is that everyone with a gun is not a danger, which seems to be the accepted norm these days. Sorry about the "drama", but let's not make excuses for over-reaction. Or was it justified? What's DK have to say? I don't view encounters like this as "inconvenienced" like you do. That's some pretty serious business drawing a sidearm, and potentially dangerous / deadly. I sure as heck am not ready to "get used to it"