View Single Post
Old 06-23-2018, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
Thats just it....It isn't the norm these days, thousands of people get pulled over every day by police, and thousands of hunters, fishermen, boaters, campers get pulled over by CO's every year. Considering the numbers it is an extremely rare situation where a CO or Police officer draws a gun on somebody. Like I said there would have been some extenuating situation that we and the person being checked was unaware of going on that the CO felt the need to unholster his gun.
Bushrat, I agree with you that lots of people go about their chosen activity all the time without incident. I'm only questioning if there was actually an extenuating situation like you mention or not. It is extremely rare, we agree on that, which is why I question why the pistol was pulled. DK said the officer's response was "you never know who you are dealing with" sounds like a pretty casual reason to unholster a sidearm. I hope you are right and that there was more to the situation than some guy out target shooting. I personally still think it was wrong, but I wasn't there, I'm speculating.

So.... getting back to the original question, have you, or anyone you know, ever been asked to produce their POL/PAL? lol