View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeelmer View Post
Lexan is great but.....
It scratches so easy, do not wipe it off, not ever, or soon you wont ever see out of it again. We have tried putting these in our track hoes. work great for a very short time then they are scratched up. On a boat I can see them lasting better, but like I say don't wipe them off with a cloth.
That’s my biggest concern. I know plexiglass scratches easy but I haven’t got any long term experience with lexan. The only advantage on a boat is I don’t ever touch the glass anyway. When I wash it it’s at the car wash and I just blast it off, I’ve never felt the urge to rag wash it. Some window tint over top would probably protect it. I know when I drove a bike they made a clear film to protect the visor. Possibly they make something similar that’s big enough for a windshield. My replacement windshield was the best part of $2k so I could replace this every year for 15 years before I spend two grand on lexan. Time will tell I guess. I like saving a buck but if it starts looking bad I’ll be finding a solution because a scratched window would drive me nuts.