View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 11:10 AM

Thanks for all of the reassurances! I get all panicky about driving conditions sometimes. It isn't my fault . . . I'm from the Lower Mainland! Rain and water don't bug me in the least. Ice and snow?

I'm dragging my stove, 5lbs of propane, and two kettles out. I've got lots of hot chocolate to contribute I've also picked up foam cups (we'll run out of hot chocolate before we run out of cups). There will be a little bit of "coffee stuff" there for the folks who just can't go without (decent tasting instant coffee, some raw sugar, and some Coffee Mate). The coffee is certainly secondary to the hot chocolate, so if you MUST have coffee please bring your own just in case I run out or don't have what you want. I'll be dragging out loads of tap water as well (in one of those big blue Coleman jugs).

I also picked up a litre of hand sanitizer, and I'll bring my portable toilet (glorified bucket), privacy shelter, and one roll of TP.

If it is windy I'm going to need more ice anchors then I have, so I may need to borrow a couple for the privacy tent.

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.