View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 05:49 PM

Well i know one thing and that is at 60 yards you better be a very experience archery shooter if your going to start flinging arrows, theres alot of time to duck ,move , turn or what have you.
I flew to argentina on a trophy red stag hunt a couple years ago with momma running the camera and i hunted my arse off, finally on the last day i had a 60 yard shot on a red stag and i took it, Hit him a little to far back and couldnt find him that day. I went back to the lodge ,Payed my 3500$ trophy fee and flew home.

Made me absoltuly sick to my stomach to not find the animal and to pay that large amount of money for nothing. Luckily for me the very next day i got home they found my stag and i got him at home now.
But from that day on i swore i would never shoot that range again unless i practiced my tail off, so thats what i did, i shot and shot at 60 till i was grouping awsome, Went on my shiras moose hunt and bingo 56 yards i pinholed him.

These are big animals with huge vitals , i am very experienced with the bow and i would not take a 60 yard shot on a little antelope.There is just too many factors on a very little animal.