View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 08:04 PM

Nice work diver! I know the feeling. We bought our acreage in August last year and tossed a coin for renos in the house or a shop for me. The bride won so after hunting season me and the bride started ripping the place apart. It' 1800 square feet and I had the whole main floor ripped out just in time to get busy in the oil patch so she/we lived in a gutted out house right until we shut down our drilling project in March. From that point up until now I've been busting my hump getting it back to live able conditions. We repainted the whole level, ceilings and walls, I laid engineered hardwood flooring( in floor heating in the house) as well as floor tile in the bathrooms, installed new cupboards and appliances, added a ensuite bathroom with a oversized bath tub( complete with all the tile work)and walk in closet for the bride, new shower, toilet, and vanity in the main bathroom and all new light fixtures and receptacles through out the house. All the labor has been supplied by my father in law and myself. I used to do this stuff when I was younger and now realize why I made the jump to the oil patch ...