View Single Post
Old 06-27-2016, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by millsboy79 View Post
It's not like other boats know what you have "programmed" into your trolling motor and there is no time limit for someone to be anchored. It is safe to say they won't be there ALL day but they have the rite to be there if they choose to.

I don't agree with someone speeding ahead to cut you off and get there first but if I pulled in after you left to set up shop and stayed there for the rest of the day, then the next time you came around you would simply have to take a slightly wider turn and go around.

Maybe you could catch something you normally wouldn't have because of me.
The question asked by the OP was how side is slightly wider. The person in question obviously went slightly wider as the boats did not collide. How close is too close. I certainly have been on both sides of it and for me now as long as the lines don't tangle I guess all things are good. Though I must say I do prefer more room and don't like fishing in crowds.

As for the person who would like to cast and tangle lines well when I troll many times I have 50-80 pound braid and 85 pound leaders on so probably won't be me loosing that battle.