View Single Post
Old 12-18-2018, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Getting close to ice fishing perch bonking season. Actually caught a few 9-10 inch perch this year. Between thinning them out hard in the immediate area plus stocking browns and brooks to eat the little perch I am optimistic on fishing.

It is cool catching a perch followed by a rainbow followed by a brook followed by a brown.

Got to observe them under water interacting. Browns swim with some rainbows. Brooks tend to hang on their own. Rainbows stay schooled well after stocking.

Perch are freaked out by the trout. Brooks are very aggressive feeding on the bottom and are first to notice food on the surface but are slower to swim to surface. When they do they slurp. Rainbows power through food at the surface.

After stocking browns, brooks and rainbows one will need to get down to the bottom fast to catch perch. I am thinking of using a hali jig (perch colour) as a weight again with a chartreuse jig below.

Can hardly wait.

Tight lines everyone!
Stocked brook trout and brown trout in the Spring 2018. Stocked about 2000 rainbows in the Fall. We have it catch and release for trout as we monitor numbers and catch rates.

FAMILY PERCH FISHING DERBY is February 23, 2019 subject to weather. If you live in the community come on out for family, fishing, friends, fun and food. There will be trophies and prizes geared towards fishing and the outdoors. I am also likely to retain the 4 age categories for kids and one for adults.

Each resident household can invite their guest limit but must be with them the whole day.

No power augers but tents and heaters are ok.

Start planning now. Every year we get more people.

Cheers

Sun
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin