View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penner View Post
It’s pretty easy to bash new ideas. I don't see the pessimists who are against the draw system coming up with any alternative ideas on how the government should better manager the fisheries in question.
Okay, here is one idea that won't cost anglers who already pay WIN card fees and angling licence fees and taxes. How about open some of these lakes for a walleye limit of 1 per day for a certain time period; say a couple of months out of the season. Way less administration costs and no more money burden and inconvenience for the angler. I'm sure SRD will say the tag fees are to cover administration costs anyways.

As far as SRD knowing the harvest numbers, they do their test netting anyways regardless of the system in place. If the test surveys show the harvest is too much or too little they could adjust the harvest period for the next year.

Sorry Penner, but I will bash the government every time they add costs on to my back when I am already paying ridiculous taxes and fees. Advocating less fees and taxes and bureaucratic administration costs is optimistic thinking, not pessimistic.