View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 03:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by boot View Post
Oriental is a derogatory term created by Caucasians to group all the slanted eyes together into a single group. As you can see from responses such as “they all look the same”, it works perfectly for them. Anyhow, if you don’t find it personally offensive, then that’s fine, but I would never call myself Oriental and I don’t personally know anyone that would call themselves Oriental.

The funny thing about a racist is that they’re typically too dumb to know what they are, so trying to reason with one is like trying to reason with a 3 year old. It just doesn’t work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
Wow someone struck a nerve with someone very sensitive.....

Just like when fisherpeople describe caucasians (which I find offensive ), I prefer to be called what I am.... 1/2 Eastern European and 1/2 Irish....if you can't tell by looking at me you must be a racist... You would know my roots since I like to drink beer and complain about it......

Lefty
Quote:
Originally Posted by boot View Post
I think this thread went over your head and I imagine it'll get shut down soon. With that said, if you think the only description of a person that's worth stating is their ethnicity (followed by another statement that they all look the same), then all the power to you. There's really nothing left to argue. Best of luck to you...
I'm afraid it went over your head the thread its self had nothing to do with anyones ethnicity the thread was about where you fished on the weekend..

You do not like the term Oriental or Asian But you have no problem using the term Caucasian in reference other people then Asians. The term Caucasian comes from the Caucasus region where there is over 50 ethnic groups living.so it is ok for you to group ethnic groups under one heading but not for others .Perhaps you should look up the definition of racist. As you say best of luck to you