View Single Post
Old 11-23-2021, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
You know what I’m saying. (Swap defence and goalies and those numbers change)
Is he doing as well in his defensive game as his offensive game? I don’t think anyone is playing a stronger defensive game than mcdavids offensive game…nobody.
I hear however I’m taking it a step further. I’m saying Connor has a responsibility towards defence also. It’s also coaching. The players in front of the goalie helps the goalie shine brighter.

I’m not sure what you are saying about McDavids defensive play. He is +4. Draisaitl is +10. Same goalie. Puljujarvi is plus 7. He has three more net points than McDavid. McDavid is 102 place in +/-

Would you see a team of players with a +/- of +4 be more or less successful than a team of players with a +/- of +14?

Get my point? McDavid could have 100 points today… but if his +/- is 4… it’s meaningless to victories and it speaks to a serious problem with the team.

As for is someone playing a better defensive game than McDavids offensive game… that is totally where +/- stats come in. Totally speaks to that. Again… he is 102 in the +/- stat.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin