View Single Post
Old 12-05-2014, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose 72 View Post
Thank you for bringing up the point that there would be an abundance of 5 point Bulls because that was one of the major arguments against the 6 point rule. This shift has never happened. There is simply more 6 point bulls, bigger Bulls and a larger population.

I believe the same thing will happen with sheep if we alow them to mature. Yes sheep will broom, but we are talking like all sheep will broom to the point where they never reach full curl. I've never seen s book ram at 4/5 curl. The majority of mature rams, if given the time, will reach full curl.

There is no dought that in the short term hunter success rate will decline as they did with the elk in SE B.C. But in a few years the success rates will return only we'll be killing bigger Rams.
Being a trophy hunter myself, this sounds amazing! But, Esrd doesn't care about trophy size in Alberta. Not for sheep or any other species. This about managing user groups and reducing hunters....

Everytime they take something away, we never see it returned. I would have more faith in the government, If they were more open with their work, or even returned something they've taken away (grizz hunt, or a previous huntable area that turned park)...