Thread: Rendezvous
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2018, 08:29 PM

I heard some of the comments on CFCW radio by Nick Gulka while I was driving around the city on Friday. I guess he was doing "live reporting" from the Trapper's Rendezvous. It got me interested on what he was describing and some of the future events and activities. So this morning I got up and drove over there from Ft. Saskatchewan for 9:00. I wasn't disappointed! All kinds of neat stuff to see: trapping supplies, firearms, jewelry, fur fashions, primitive archery gear, and all kinds of neat stuff! I found the demos very interesting; I used to trap muskrats, mink, weasels and the odd coyote.
I chatting with the F & W officers and other professionals and had great time! I watched a film on an old Hudson Bay employee and his return to his old stomping grounds up in the Arctic. Some parts of it, like the stuff on "Residential Schools" brought tears to my eyes! A guy skinning an otter was phenomenal!
It was a great event; I would encourage anyone with interests in the outdoors to attend next year's event!