View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jednastka View Post

Enduring Power of Attorney - Before you die - if you are incapable of making sound financial decisions (based on your doctor's say so) - who can do so on your behalf.

Personal Directive - Before you die - if you are incapable of making sound decisions (based on your doctor's say so) on your care (housing/medical) - who can do so on your behalf.
Yes, we have had those in all of our previous wills. In fact, when I created our "blended" wills, the documents used for these were the same in all the lawyers' wills I was using as models. I guess they all use pretty much the same stuff.
If someone dies in Alberta with a proper will(whether done by a lawyer or not), can anyone who feels they were left out challenge it? I know if there is any question of the testator being unduly influenced or mentally incompetent at the time the will was drafted, there sure can be trouble, but if that is not the case then I would hope a will really does protect the estate for the named beneficiaries.

Saving one animal won't change the world, but the world will change for that one animal!