View Single Post
Old 05-20-2018, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I have never had a safe broken into, but if one of my RAP students or apprentices did not have the mechanical aptitude, and could not use tools well enough to break into a cheap gun safe or gun cabinet, I wouldn't want them working for me, as they will never make a good tradesman. It takes very little skill to break into a gun safe, and there are videos online that demonstrate just how easy it is. Just because a 17 year old accessed firearms, is by no means proof that the firearms were not locked up.
My grandpa used to say “ some people will look at your finger when you point at the moon and best is to let them be”.

Maybe they were locked and maybe not, but every gun owner should take proper precautions to safely store their firearms based on their circumstances. I had no safe for the first 2 years of my gun ownership. When I lived alone and had no roommates.

Got a wife and bought a safe, she has no access to. All my guns have trigger locks still and ammo boxes are also locked. When my children are 17 , I will buy a proper safe and if I feel that my kids are problematic then I will address the problem by whatever means necessary.