Thread: Sheep Gear List
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2018, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redoverwhite View Post
Thanks for all the posts. As a newer big game hunter I have found myself constantly watching BHS videos and bag dumps in hopes of getting started. On a some what limited budget I’m curious of all those who posted what were the first items purchased? Should I blow my minimal budget on the best spotting scope and focus on day scouting trips or get a good tent & bag and worry about better optics and a spotting scope next year? did most of you guys buy it all in one shot or slowly accumulate? Sorry for sounding naive but any advice is useful.
I am new to hunting, but not to spending time in the mountains. Consider used, a couple trips to value village will get you all the technical mountain clothing you would need for $100 except for your Gore Tex and Boots... though you could still luck out in those areas as well (I got a pair of Raichle mountaineering boots for $20 this weekend).

Kijiji is also really good and you will easily find technical back packs and camping equipment for about half price of new. Just set alerts on your phone and be ready to call when an item you want pops up.

Matt