Thread: Sheep Gear List
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 12:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by astepanuk View Post
I really like the looks of this, the one main reason I hunt in the mountains with my bigger then normal caliber is for bears 300RUM happy to say I have my RUM coming in right around 7lbs.
Great idea, i bought a perimeter alarm run with battery that emits the high pitch siren sounds.

After talking to the guy who had a bear bother him from 11pm to 4am that didn't respond at all to a warning shot near its head but stayed 20 yards away the rest of the time due to alternating alarms from his alarm clock and one on his phone...i'd be inclined to the the sirens types.

Also, saw one that had flashing led lights too, great idea. Mine doesn't have lights but i could see an evolution or business opportunity here.

Be nice to light some country up if you had a trip and with how compact led lights are these days but the continuous siren is a must imo.

Have also seen guys build cheap perimeter alarms with those keychain personal alarms. I started that way but wanted something a bit more reliable and bought the green one that the guy makes up north somewhere, it uses an arm on the string and it pulls the arm over to make contact.