Old 04-16-2018, 09:38 PM

Wranglers
Long Js
Rain gear
Spotting scope/binos
90 L Back pack
Mummy bag
1-2 man tent
10 or 15 lbs of food (I like to eat, hate being hungry)
Quality hiking boots
Pot
Knife (I use havalons mostly for this now)
1 pair of wool socks for everyday
Sleeping pad
Headlamp
Hat
Chewing tabbaco
As much whiskey as you’re willing to carry
Water bottle
Fire starter
Lighter
And then whatever room I left I fill with jackets and warm clothes. I like Marino wool.

The whole weight thing has never been that big a deal to me, the difference of 5 pounds to me isn’t really worth worrying about, But everyone’s different. As long as I’m not carrying more than 120 lbs or so coming out I’ll be ok.

For the guys worrying about price and buget just ignore all the fancy items on all these lists. As much as some people want you to believe it, it’s not all that necessary. It’s nice to have, and for some people collecting the gear is a hobby and all part of the fun, but I’ll tell you for certain that having all the best gear isn’t gunna make you a better sheep hunter. Borrow what you can, and spend whatever you can afford on the rest, some things like optics can give you an advantage for sure but if you can’t afford the high end stuff just use whatever you got. Experience is the most valuable assest.

Guys we’re killing sheep 40 years ago long before any of this high tech stuff was available. Sheep hunting is a big business now and they want you spending hundreds on unnecessary junk, but it doesn’t have to be a game only for the rich.