View Single Post
Old 01-30-2010, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco2 View Post
Hey DLP, I am not trying to drag this (IMO session) on, but how about you take a big barbed red and yellow 5 of diamonds stick it in your mouth,wiggle it around a bit then pull real hard.(ouch I bet it hurts) Now that you have it lodged in your mouth with hopefully at least 2 of the hooks deeply sunk into tissue and bone, slowly go to the nearest fisherman and ask him to please remove the hooks as if you are a 12 lb Burbot, (you better have something to hold onto cause this is gonna hurt like hell). After this little experiment is done and you are bleeding like a stuck pig, you return to the forum and tell all of us if they can feel it.
Just my 2 cents.
Happy Barbless fishing everyone else.
Arguments like this don't really belong in a thread such as this IMO...It's not a 'pain' issue. And even if it was, there is much scientific debate as to how a fish feels pain. It's definitely not the same way humans feel it.
Even if they did feel pain the way we do...I don't much care to be honest with you. It's not like I can say, ok...I'm willing to put these fish through a WHOLE BUNCH OF PAIN....but not an EXTREME AMOUNT! If it's a huge issue to yourself...I would think you should stop fishing all together...because I really don't think a barbless hook 'hurts' a fish a whole lot less than a barbed hook (up until removal, if at all).

Bottom line (if you keep human emotions out of it) It's a hemorrhage and tissue damage issue, that's it IMO.