View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 09:17 AM

I almost never speed at all any more, although I admit I had a pretty heavy foot when I was younger.
I do admit to often setting the cruise to the "10 over" number.
Construction zones and passing emergency vehicles....I drive slow enough to collect way more middle fingers from other drivers, than I do tickets from LEO's. We should all respect these zones especially!

Have to vent/rant a bit now...

Tuesday driving east on 630 out of Sherwood Park...driving just under 100km/hr...traffic building up behind me...no less than 2 of the cars that finally pass me give me the finger! One small black car passed me doing at least 140 only to hard brake and turn at the NEXT range road!!!
The other guy that gave me the salute was in his 60's and had 3 other people in the car.
This was about 1:30 pm, so not even rush hour.
There was so much anger and hostility in the other drivers I kept checking my speed thinking something was wrong, I was driving just under 100!
When I got to where I was going I actually checked the back of my truck to see if I had something written on it to provoke them, or maybe I was dragging a puppy or baby or something.

I don't speed any more, and drive a bit below (when traffic allows) the limit for 2 reasons...
:save on fuel !!!!
:I'm in no hurry, and time has tought me that speeding rareley gets you there early enough to make much of a difference anyway.