View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 09:13 PM

These are a few pictures of one of my favorite hunts with Babe. When this picture was taken she was 20 to 30 days along in her pregnancy. I had two days off work and we knew it would have to be a short hunt and she was able to help me find several wild roosters.

The first bird came out of the end of a draw going into an agricultural field, my hunting partner did not want to walk out the draw but Babe's nose was telling me we should go up there. At the end of the draw we busted several pheasants and I hit one rooster it sailed about 100 meters and fell. She was not far behind when she pounced on it.

The second bird came out a large grass field that I had never hunted. She found several birds, we must have had 10 hens get up within 20 yards of us. Then one rooster that I shot twice at and thought I had missed. Flew 200 meters and did a death roll. Knowing the bird would in that general direction we continued towards the area of the fall. When we got to the area of the fall she was trailing the bird and she found it very alive. She retrieved it to hand out of a grass clump 150 meters from where we started trailing it.

These were two birds that we worked very hard for, while reminding me that I need to trust my dog. She has not let me down yet, I look forward to more memories and with this great dog.