Thread: Sheep Part 3
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 05:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209x50 View Post
For all your careful reading you miss a lot, or are just biased. You think modeling a program after the BC one is brilliant? No it would be stupid.
The course which started as way to enlighten hunters to kill only older rams has now morphed into length judging and conservation. In my day I've seen enough politicians run programs with hidden agendas to see this one coming for a mile.
bambi I've said continually and this the part you like to skip, show me a problem and I'll give you an opinion.
That aside I know and this has been proven everywhere that predator and habitat management would very successfully improve the sheep herd, whether it needs it or not. No dangerous and expensive experiments, no hidden agendas just straight forward proven common sense. Are you against predator and habitat management?
Now bambi any part of that you don't understand? Would you like me to repeat any of it? I've been saying predator and habitat management for a long time, it is only the flaky ideas put forward that manage hunters and further restrict our freedoms that I'm against.
Capish?

ok, now that i have your attention how about an answer to any of the direct questions sent your way over the last 3 threads. a few were "have you killed only 2 rams lifetime?" and "did they come from cadomin?" dont forget "have you hunted sheep anywhere other than cadomin?" and the easist one "where did you register your sheep?" there were dozens directly asked to you, but im not going to bother looking them all up as i dont believe you will answer now like you didnt then. yes predator control would be a great thing....not just for sheep, but all prey species...elk....deer...moose, dont forget things we dont hunt like hares, martens, or fishers as well as predators smaller than the wolves and cougars, as . improvements to habitat would also be great for several species. i never said it was not a good idea so nice try. and it is nice to see you not crap on someones suggestion for once...atta boy! as for showing you a problem....well a few issues brought up were having more big mature rams around the province, and the killing of short sheep. i suppose it is debatable if those are problems by definition of the word problem, but it is what the discussion has been about from page 1. the title of the first sheep discussion was after all "sheep on a draw". any part of that you dont understand? want me to repeat it?
as for sheep on a draw, i am not against it. go back and look as my suggestion was definitely to have some areas of the province on a draw. not all, but some. if we could get more areas available that are currently off limits to hunting even better. the situation with mule deer where i live is a perfect example. back in the 80's mule deer were wide open on a general tag but had to be 3 points. everyone could hunt, but very few shot mule deer, and almost all were small. sounds like sheep huh? then things changed. it happened under a mountain of protest, but they went to a draw and fewer could hunt, but within 2 years there were 4 pointers everywhere. 2 more years went by and there were legitimately big mule deer out there. the alberta records were rewritten through the 90's because of the draw. fewer hunters each year made for a better quality hunt for those drawn. personally i would gladly give up some opportuinity for sheep hunting and i still believe it is a good idea. as a guy successful in the draws at cadomin, i would think you of anyone could see how that could work. the wails of protest about lost opportunity show the the majority here on this forum at least dont want that. thankfully, noone has called me stupid for suggesting it and i havent called anyone stupid for rejecting it. after a lot of thought, i have a new add on to the draw deal. just like mule deer, maybe have a general archery only season before the draw tags open. for sure less sheep would die, but guys who need to climb mountains still can. i hope thats not stupid or moronic.
lets try one more question while im at it. have you ever hunted sheep on a general tag and away from the mines at cadomin?