View Single Post
Old 10-26-2016, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikebreath View Post
No fence sitting,,, I want to know if and where hunters are on my land when I go out to hunt myself. Orange makes that task much easier,,,,

And idiots are idiots,,, Scoping is one thing, but pulling the trigger worries me more,,,but even an idiot is unlikely to pull the trigger on movement in the bush that has orange attached to it.

I am far more worried about the idiot who pulls the trigger on movement becuz it is not wearing orange and looks to be the right shape and size for a moose facing forward or away.
If you are paranoid about being shot at and feel safer wearing blaze orange please wear it.

Thinking that someone else wearing orange makes you safer is a bit out there. Are you concerned you are capable of shooting someone not dressed in orange?

You state that scoping is one thing but pulling the trigger is what worries you??? Near everyone that has been shot when mistaken for game has been scoped first. Don't you think that if we eliminated the practice of scoping and encouraged people to identify their target before raising a rifle we would all have nothing to worry about?

The land owners that are kind enough to allow me access to their property are fully aware I am out there as my truck is parked at the gate and I keep them up to date on my activities. I make certain they have my plate # to avoid confusion and my cell # in case their is a reason they need reach me.

I have never had a land owner even slightly concerned about my minute to minute movements and have never had a landowner try to implement a dress code so he could monitor my every movement from afar.

It is your land so do as you please and enforce any rules you see fit, but please understand that most of us are out there to get away from folks like you. We go out there to get away from it all, "it all" is people constantly looking over our shoulders wanting to control every aspect of our lives.